South America Water from Space III – Online event on the 19th of April 2022.
Dear colleagues and friends
After discussing with many of you over the past few weeks, we have realized that an in-person meeting was still difficult to achieve in the first semester of 2022, in part due to the challenges of international travel at present.
As a result, we have made the difficult decision, once again, to postpone the international conference “South America Water from Space III“. The conference will now be held 21-25 November 2022, still at the premises of ITAIPU-Binational in Foz do Iguaçu, Brazil.
Although the in–person meeting is postponed, we are organizing a 3-hour virtual meeting on the 19th of April to keep everyone updated with the SWOT mission and with the latest achievements in hydrology over South America. See below for the program and a visioconference link.
Please visit the conference web page https://hydrologyfromspace.
We look forward to meeting you again in person soon!
The Organization Committee: Daniel Medeiros Moreira (CPRM/Rio, Brazil), Fabrice Papa (IRD/LEGOS, France and IRD/UNB, Brazil), Daniel Firmo Kazay (ITAIPU-Binacional, Brazil), Rodrigo Paiva (IPH/UFRGS,Brazil), Tannia Maria Isabel Villanueva Aguero (ITAIPU-Binacional, Paraguay), Diogo Buarque (ABRHidro), Stéphane Calmant (IRD/LEGOS, France and IRD/Cayenne, French Guiana), Nicolas Picot (CNES,France), Selma Cherchali (CNES, France).
We will host 5 key presentations:
- 1) Status of the SWOT mission by Jean-Francois Crétaux (CNES/LEGOS) and Tamlin Pavelski (Uni. North Carolina) (French and US SWOT hydrology PIs) (30mn)
- 2) A review on the Special Issue “South American Hydrology and Remote Sensing“ in the MDPI journal Remote Sensing by Rodrigo Abarca (Uni. Conception, Chile) (20mn) https://www.mdpi.com/journal/remotesensing/special_issues/South_American_RS
- 3) “Amazon Hydrology From Space: Scientific Advances and Future Challenges” (Fassoni et al., 2021 in Reviews of Geophysics https://agupubs.onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/full/10.1029/2020RG000728) by Rodrigo Paiva (UFRGS/IPH) et al. (30mn)
- 4) SWOT cal/val in South America by Stéphane Calmant (IRD), Nicolas Picot (CNES), Adrien Paris (Hydro Matters) (30mn)
- 5) The upcoming conference in November 2022 by Daniel Moreira (CPRM), Daniel Kazey (Itaipu), Rodrigo Paiva (IPH), Fabrice Papa (IRD/LEGOS) (15mn) + questions
Join Zoom Meeting
Topic: South America Water from Space
Time: Apr 19, 2022 13h00 UTC (6am in LA; 8am in Lima, Bogota; 9am in NYC, Santiago, La Paz, Manaus; 10am Brasilia, Rio, BA; 3pm Paris, Berlin; 6.30pm Mumbai)